CCCS’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all personal information is governed by the following privacy principles:
CCCS is responsible for all personal information under its control including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes (such as event registration system, newsletter processing).
2. Identifying Purposes
CCCS will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected. CCCS does this at the time of or before information collection.
CCCS will obtain consent to collect, use or disclose personal information either by directly requesting it, or consent may be implied by conduct in providing the information to CCCS. The method of obtaining consent will be appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Express consent (either oral or written) will be obtained for sensitive personal information, such as financial information.
- Implied consent may be taken for less sensitive information, where one or more of the following apply:
- A relationship already exists;
- Express consent has previously been given;
- The purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent.
CCCS will not disclose personal information to any third party without your written consent, unless it is required by law to do so or as otherwise required for the agreed upon purpose.
4. Limiting Collection
CCCS collects only the personal information necessary for the identified purpose. CCCS will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
CCCS uses and discloses personal information only for the identified purposes. If any personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with CCCS to secure and protect the confidentiality of this personal information.
CCCS retains personal information only as long as it is required for the identified purposes or as required by applicable federal and provincial laws.
CCCS is committed to maintaining the accuracy of personal information for as long as it is being used. CCCS will make best efforts to ensure that all personal information in its possession is kept up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. An individual may request access to their personal information that CCCS has on record in order to review and correct the information, as appropriate.
CCCS takes steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers;
- limiting individual access to personal information to only those persons with a need for this information in the performance of their duties
8. Individual Access
Individuals can request to review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request that changes be made to their personal information retained by CCCS by contacting the office (contact details outlined below).
9. CCCS responds to questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
CCCS will respond in a timely manner to questions, concerns and complaints regarding the privacy of personal information in its control and its privacy policies and procedures. Please refer to the contact information outlined below.
Contact: Gerry Erickson
251 – 5489 Byrne Rd
Burnaby, BC V5J 3J1